Trunk Configuration using CBeyond
Date: June 15, 2007
Subject: Cbeyond SIP Trunk Configuration
Distribution: All Dealers
Doc Type: Application Note
Scope: 5.1 - 5.2
Keywords: CBeyond, SIP Trunk, Configuration
From an administrator’s point of view, a SIP trunk is very similar to a Triton analog trunk. Once it is up and running, administrators can assign a trunk access code to it. They also can mix SIP trunks with analog trunks, T1, or PRI trunks in the Out Call Routing table. Like analog trunks, each SIP trunk has a PSTN number. They can also receive caller name as well as caller ID.
AltiWare 5.1 (ACC or ACM) version 22.214.171.1249 with QuickFix 1412, or above, loaded
Contact your Cbeyond Service Coordinator or refer to the SIPconnect Settings section of the Install Profile to get the following account-specific information:
§ A SIP Domain – sipconnect.mkt0.cbeyond.net
Note that Cbeyond refers to this as the “SIPconnect
Domain”. The “mkt0” parameter denotes the market served by Cbeyond and location
of customer deployment. Valid entries are
§ A SIP Proxy IP address – Note: that this IP address is resolved by doing an nslookup on Cbeyond’s SIPconnect Domain.
§ A user name – PBX Username field on the Cbeyond Install Profile
§ A password – PBX Password field on the Cbeyond Install Profile
§ Register Expiry Time – default (3600)
Note: It’s better to subscribe to a service provider number that has your same area code. Otherwise, strange behaviors may occur when doing some advanced call features such as redial, call return to a local number and so on.
1. Obtain a SIP trunk license from AltiGen.
2. Register the license using AltiGen’s online license registration procedure.
3. Reboot AltiServ.
4. After the system is rebooted, SIP-Trunk should show as “not ready” in Trunk View.
Cbeyond SIP proxy uses a
private IP address, so don’t configure AltiServ behind NAT, unless you are
using remote IP phones.
If you are using remote IP phones, configure AltiServ behind NAT. Make sure the Cbeyond SIP proxy IP address is configured as a private network under AltiWare Admin > VoIP > Enterprise Network Management > IP Networks > IP Network. Then, for information about configuring AltiServ behind a firewall / NAT router, see AltiWare Administrator’s online Help: Index > AltiServ behind NAT > configuring.
Configuring in AltiEnterprise Manager
Choose AltiWare Administrator > VoIP >
2. In AltiEnterprise Manager, click the Codec button.
3. Add a codec profile. In this example, we have named the new profile “cbeyond.”
4. Set the following:
§ Codec = G.711
§ DTMF Delivery = RFC 2833
§ SIP Early Media = Enable
In AltiEnterprise Manager, go to Servers button > IP Codec
tab > IP Device Range panel. Add
a range, using the SIP Proxy IP address that you got from Cbeyond. Note that
this IP address is resolved by doing an nslookup on Cbeyond’s SIPconnect
Domain. The SIPconnect Domain is
sipconnect.mkt0.cbeyond.net. The “mkt0”
parameter denotes the market served by Cbeyond and location of customer
deployment. Valid entries are
§ From: 126.96.36.199
§ To: 188.8.131.52
§ Set Codec as “cbeyond.”
Configuring in AltiWare Administrator
1. Under “SIPSP” board configuration, the number of configured channels and licensed channels are displayed. In this example, there are 5 SIP trunk channels.
2. Click the SIP Trunk Configuration button. The SIP Trunk Configuration dialog box opens.
3. Highlight an entry in the dialog box, and then click Edit. The following dialog box opens:
4. Enter the SIP Server IP Address, User Name, Password, Domain and SIP Register Period. This account information is obtained from Cbeyond.
5. Uncheck Automatic NAT Traversal and check Enable Channel.
If multiple SIP trunks are subscribed, follow the steps below to copy the same settings to other SIP channels.
1. Highlight the source entry.
2. Click the Copy To button.
3. Highlight the destination channels and click OK.
In Trunk View, the SIP trunks will be displayed as idle. The SIP trunks are ready to use.
Configuring SIP trunks (trunk access code, in call routing, outcall routing, and so on) is similar to configuring analog trunks or T1/PRI trunks. See AltiWare Administrator online Help under “Trunk Configuration,” or see the AltiWare Administration Manual, “Trunk Configuration” chapter.
To verify the configuration and make sure the voice can be heard in both directions,
If the voice is not heard in both directions, please review the configuration steps to make sure you have configured properly. If you still have a problem, contact Cbeyond or AltiGen Communications.
AltiGen Technical Support
Before or during service activation: Please contact your Cbeyond Service Coordinator if you need assistance.
Please contact the
Anytime access to web-enabled account tools.
& Account Management
M-F — 8am –10pm (EST)
or call 1-866-424-5100