Configuration using EToneConnect
Date: January 15, 2008
Subject: EToneConnect SIP Trunk Configuration
Distribution: All Dealers
Doc Type: Application
Scope: 5.1 - 5.2
Keywords: SIP Trunk, Configuration Guide, ETone, EToneConnect
From an administrator’s point of view, a SIP trunk is very similar to a Triton analog trunk. Once it is up and running, administrators can assign a trunk access code to it. They also can mix SIP trunks with analog trunks, T1, or PRI trunks in the Out Call Routing table. Like analog trunks, each SIP trunk has a PSTN number. They can also receive caller name as well as caller ID.
AltiWare 5.1 (ACC or ACM) version 184.108.40.2063, or above, loaded
Contact your EToneConnect Service Coordinator or refer to the EToneConnect Settings section of the EToneConnect Install Profile to get the following account-specific information:
§ A SIP Proxy IP address – An EToneConnect Service Coordinator will provide this along with your SIP trunking account.
§ A user name – PBX Username field on the EToneConnect Install Profile
§ A password – PBX Password field on the EToneConnect Install Profile
§ Proxy Port – 5060
§ Registrar Port – 5060
§ Register Expiry Time – default (60)
Note: It’s better to subscribe to a service provider number that has your same area code. Otherwise, strange behaviors may occur when doing some advanced call features such as redial, call return to a local number and so on.
1. Obtain a SIP trunk license from AltiGen.
2. Register the license using AltiGen’s online license registration procedure.
3. Reboot AltiServ.
4. After the system is rebooted, SIP-Trunk should show as “not ready” in Trunk View.
If your AltiServ is behind
a firewall / NAT router, configure the firewall / NAT router.
See AltiWare Administrator’s online Help: Index > AltiServ behind NAT > configuring.
If the firewall / NAT router is not properly configured, SIP trunks will not work.
Note: On the Enterprise
firewall (both TCP and UDP), disable SIP ALG processing (if it is provided).
AltiServ already performs this function. If you don’t disable SIP ALG processing
on the Enterprise firewall, you may experience communication problems.
Configuring in AltiEnterprise Manager
1. In AltiWare Administrator, choose VoIP > Enterprise Network Management. This opens AltiEnterprise Manager.
2. In AltiEnterprise Manager, click the Codec button.
3. Add a codec profile. In this example, we have named the new profile “etone”
4. Set the following:
§ Codec = G.711
§ DTMF Delivery = RFC 2833
§ SIP Early Media = Enable
In AltiEnterprise Manager, go to Servers button > IP Codec tab > IP Device Range panel. Add a range, using the SIP Proxy IP address that you got from EToneConnect. In the example below, we are using 220.127.116.11. The range we add is:
§ From: 18.104.22.168
§ To: 22.214.171.124
§ We set the Codec as “etone.”
Configuring in AltiWare Administrator
1. Under “SIPSP” board configuration, the number of configured channels and licensed channels are displayed. In this example, there are 5 SIP trunk channels.
2. Click the SIP Trunk Configuration button. The SIP Trunk Configuration dialog box opens.
3. Highlight an entry in the dialog box, and then click Edit. The following dialog box opens:
4. Enter the SIP Server IP Address, User Name, Password and SIP Register Period. This account information is obtained from EToneConnect.
5. Uncheck Automatic NAT Traversal and check Enable Channel.
If multiple SIP trunks are subscribed, follow the steps below to copy the same settings to other SIP channels.
1. Highlight the source entry.
2. Click the Copy To button.
3. Highlight the destination channels and click OK.
In Trunk View, the SIP trunks will be displayed as idle. The SIP trunks are ready to use.
Configuring SIP trunks (trunk access code, in call routing, outcall routing, and so on) is similar to configuring analog trunks or T1/PRI trunks. See AltiWare Administrator online Help under “Trunk Configuration,” or see the AltiWare Administration Manual, “Trunk Configuration” chapter.
To verify the configuration and make sure the voice can be heard in both directions,
If the voice is not heard in both directions, please review the configuration steps to make sure you have configured properly. If you still have a problem, contact EToneConnect or AltiGen Communications.
AltiGen Technical Support
440-363-7010. Press 2 for Support.